Show IPA verb, -light?ed, -light?ing, noun –verb (used with object)
1. to emphasize or make prominent.
2. to create highlights in (a photograph or engraving).
3. Also, high light. an important, conspicuous, memorable, or enjoyable event, scene, part, or the like: the highlight of his talk; the highlight of the concert series.
4. the area of most intense light on a represented form, as in a painting or photograph.
a. To make prominent; emphasize.
b. To be a highlight of.
3. To mark (important passages of text) with a usually fluorescent marker as a means of memory retention or for later reference.